Thursday, February 5, 2009

Home, and Finally Feeling Better



We had a bit of a rough return home from the hospital. It turns out that I had Influenza A, yuck! It can be treated with medication that gets rid of it more quickly but it has not been tested with breastfeeding and infants so that was a no go. BTW, if it comes down to getting a test for Influenza, I personally recommend taking your chances with the bug than getting the cotton swab shoved into your brain, but that's another story! Anyway, Zane was also feeling pretty lousy but he seems to be bouncing back as well. This was one of those weeks that Heavenly Father really took some pity on me. My mom was able to stay home with me a couple of days while I was sick and miraculously, today I feel pretty good and have a lot of energy back to deal with two kids.

Zane is showing some interest in the baby and doing quite well with him. He doesn't really understand why I don't want his help swinging the baby in the swing, but we'll work on that. Meanwhile here is a picture of them together. And just so Zane doesn't begin to feel upstaged, there is a picture of him sitting in a toy bucket being just as silly as ever.

5 comments:

salreem said...

You seriously got the flu? No fair to have to be sick both before and after giving birth, geez! Hope you're all better and don't have to be sick any more this year.

Amy said...

YEAH! Congrats!! Not on having the flu...but having the baby! Mace is adorable! I'm glad you guys are home and doing better. I need to call you...So happy for you and your darling family.

Marianne said...

Mace is so cute!! Hopefully things are going better now that you aren't so sick. Welcome to the world of two little ones. Hopefully it is going smoothly for you.

Kurt and Katie Rowley said...

Congratulations! You really have the cutest boys! I am so sad that you were so sick - that can't have been fun!

Brooke said...

Oh man, that really stinks. As if recovering from having a baby isn't lousy enough! Mace sure is a cutie though!