I just felt like writing a message to my boys about their dad.
I hope you know how lucky you are. Your dad truly is the best. His greatest desire is to spend time with you boys and teach you all he can. Most dads work out of the house like yours so their responsibilities at home are limited, but not your dad. When he gets home from work he immediately takes you into his arms for a hug and he's involved with you until it's time for bed. He's always giving you a bath and he gladly changes diapers! While this will seem like the standard for you, please note, your dad is exceptional. On so many occasions he woke up in the middle of the night with both of you so that I could get some sleep even though he had to work the next day.
It is my main objective in life to always keep you clean, safe, and happy. I realize this is not the objective of life but I can't help myself. Your dad is so much better at letting you live, grow and experience rather than stifling you. He likes to let you get a little dirty, eat a stick (it has protein), and let you discover things on your own. He teaches you things before I can imagine they need to be taught. Zane learned to climb the stairs up to the slide all on his own before I would have thought it was possible. You’ll both be smarter, stronger, and just plain better because of him. You should know that I think he is a wonderful man and the greatest father. I’m so thrilled to have you two boys because I know that he can teach you to be great men too. He’ll teach you how to fix things, mow the lawn the 'right' way, put in a sprinkling system, play the wii, navigate a foreign city and just about every other thing you can imagine. But he’ll also teach you by example if you’re watching. He’ll show you how you should treat your future wives, how to honor your priesthood, and how to be a strong father. In short, I love him.
Basically, your dad is nothing less than a super star and you are absolutely right in getting so excited for his arrival every evening!



1 comments:
What can i say. This is the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me. I love my family so much!
Post a Comment